Friday, November 1, 2013

Thankful November

    "People radiate what is in their minds and in their hearts." -Eleanor Porter

 I recently read Pollyanna by Eleanor Porter. If you have only seen the movie you have seen a very diluted version of the story. This is another one of those books that have a very strong gospel message that gets dropped or twisted by the movie industry. I was deeply impressed by Pollyanna's attitude of thankfulness. Since it is November I thought it would be the perfect time to "count my blessings.' I am going to try to start each day with a list of 5 things I am thankful for. I am also going to list one thing Evelyn is happy about. 

My list:
1. God's Grace 
2. I can stay home with our girls
3. Chris' unexpected promotion and raise
4. Tabitha's smiles
5. Evelyn insisting on hugs from Daddy, Mommy and sister before she goes to sleep.


Evelyn is happy for: "happy Jesus church." I am not entirely sure what that means but that is what you get from a 2 year old!


No comments:

Post a Comment